Rich, creamy and absolutory delicious, this Creamy Chicken and Spinach Fettucine is total comfort food at its finest!! Best is — it is ready in only 30 minutes.
This creamy chicken and spinach fettuccini is perfect for a busy weeknight It is incredibly flavorful, rich and creamy. The addition of the spinach helps to lighten the dish up. If you are looking for a new chicken and pasta dish to make – look no further, you have found it!!
Ingredients in Creamy Chicken and Spinach Fettucine:
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs. You can also use chicken breasts if you want. I prefer chicken thighs as they are more tender and won’t dry out like chicken breasts might.
Shallots. They have a sweeter flavor than onions and will not overpower the dish.
Cremini mushrooms. Adds a wonderful earthiness to the dish and additional depth of flavor
Fresh spinach. It will look like over kill when first added to the pan but will wilt down to just the perfect amount.
White wine. Adds a delicate sweetness to to the dish.
Cream cheese. Makes the pasta so delightfully thick and creamy.
Heavy cream. Give the final dish a velvety texture that melts in your mouth.
Lemon juice and zest for a bit of acid to round everything out.
Nutmeg. This has always been my go to secret ingredient with cream dishes. Just a dash of fresh grated nutmeg gives this pasta a warm and nutty flavor.
Fettucine. This is my preferred pasts in this dish but you can you just about anything you like. Due to the texture of the sauce you will want to stick with a heavier pasta, you will want to stay away from regular spaghetti or angel hair.
How to Make Creamy Chicken and Spinach Fettucine:
Cut the chicken into bit sized pieces and season well with salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large skillet and brown chicken well. Remove and set aside.
Sauté mushrooms until browned.
Add shallots and sauté a few more minutes.
Add white wine and deglaze the pan.
Add spinach and wilt down.
Add cream cheese and warm through until it begins to melt down.
Whisk in heavy cream. Add lemon juice, zest, nutmeg, and reserved chicken. Simmer a couple of minutes until thickened.
Toss in fettucine.
Serve topped with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
If you love it, leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you and this would help me with future recipes!
Contact me if you would like to see any of your childhood favorites updated or reinvented.
Creamy Chicken and Spinach Fettucine
- 1 1/2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- dash nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 lb. fettucine boiled to package directions
- 3 oz parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken well with salt and pepper. Brown well and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms until browned and they have given off their liquid. Add shallots and sauté an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Add white wine and deglaze the pan. Make sure to get all of those delicious fonds off of the bottom of the pan!!
- Add spinach to the pan and wilt down about 5 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and begin to warm through, add heavy cream, lemon zest lemon juice, nutmeg, and reserved chicken. Simmer until thickened.
- Toss in fettucine and serve topped with parmesan cheese.