Easy and classic recipe for roasted green beans with soy sauce and toasted almonds. It comes together in no time, making it perfect for a busy weeknight, but good enough to serve on Thanksgiving or any holiday.
This is one of my family’s favorite, go to side dishes. Roasting vegetables has to be my favorite way to cook them. Minimal prep, short cooking time, and an abundance of flavor. The slight char the green beans get is phenomenal.
Ingredients for Roasted Green Beans with Almonds
Fresh Green Beans. Green beans are usually available all year but are best from the local farmers market when they are in season from around May to October.
Garlic Powder. I use garlic powder here instead of fresh garlic. If you are not careful fresh garlic can burn when roasted at a high heat, so why take the chance?
Olive Oil. I like a nice higher quality extra-virgin olive oil for this recipe. With such minimal ingredients the slightly fruity taste shines through.
Soy Sauce. The extra depth of flavor that the soy sauce add is wonderful. Due to the salty nature of soy sauce, no other additional salt is needed.
Almonds. I like to toast the almonds separately simply because this gives me greater control over them. They are just as delicious tossed with the green beans before roasting.
How to Make Roasted Green Beans
Always start with a preheated oven. If you don’t the green beans will not crisp cut or get that wonderful char to them.
1. Remove the ends from the green beans and trim any broken ends.
2. Place on a sheet pan and toss with olive oil, soy sauce, and garlic powder. Make sure to spread the green beans in an even layer which will ensure even cooking.
3. Roast for about 15 minutes, stirring half way through.
4. While the green beans are roasting, toast the almonds in a small skillet.
5. Enjoy all of the deliciousness!
What to Serve with Roasted Green Beans
If you love it, leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you and this would help me with future recipes!
Contact me if you would like to see any of your childhood favorites updated or reinvented.
Roasted Green Beans with Almonds
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss green beans with olive oil, soy sauce, and garlic powder.
- Roast 15 minutes, stirring once, or until beans are softened and starting to blister.
- Serve topped with toasted almonds.