Super simple Whole Roasted Cauliflower served with Whipped Goat Cheese couldn’t be easier to throw together. It is drop-dead delicious, full of flavor with even a hint of bitterness.
Roasting an whole head of cauliflower brings out the delicious nutty and buttery flavor of the cauliflower and strips any bitterness you might associate with this vegetable. Even my picky eaters love it! No one will believe how good cauliflower is for you.
The tart, earthy flavor whipped goat cheese adds a wonderful creamy component to the cauliflower and gives it just the right amount of tang.
Ingredients in Whole Roasted Cauliflower and Whipped Goat Cheese
- Whole cauliflower: Your cauliflower should be pale white, tight, and firm. Avoid any that have dark spots.
- Olive oil: Since there a very there are so few ingredients (only 2 really) in the roasted cauliflower, don’t skimp on the olive oil. Use a high quality extra virgin olive oil for the most flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper are your go to here.
- Goat cheese gives the dish a wonderfully tart and earthy flavor.
- Cream cheese is smooth and light helping the goat cheese to whip up beautifully.
- Feta cheese is creamy, salty, and tangy. No additional salt needed here.
- Lemon juice: Fresh is best here, you will want to zest anyway so forgo the bottled stuff.
How to make Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Goat Cheese
It does take about 50 minutes to prep and roast the cauliflower, but it couldn’t be more simple to do so.
1. Remove the stem leaves and hard stem from the cauliflower.
2. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for about 40 minutes.
3. While the cauliflower is roasting, whip the goat cheese, fetta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice and zest, and thyme in a food processer.
4. Plate and serve it up.
What to serve with Whole Roasted Cauliflower?
This cauliflower is so delicious that it goes with just about everything. Some of my favorites are Orange Glazed Pork Tenderloin, Split Chicken Breast, Roasted Chicken with Grapes, and Prosciutto Wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin.
If you love it, leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you and this would help me with future recipes!
Contact me if you would like to see any of your childhood favorites updated or reinvented.
Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Goat Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower leaves removed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
Whipped Goat Cheese
- 4 oz. goat cheese room temperature
- 3 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 3 oz. feta cheese room temperature
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 450°.
- Place trimmed cauliflower or a fail or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast until softened, about 40 minutes, or until a knife inserts easily into the center.
Whipped Goat Cheese
- While the cauliflower is roasted, combine all ingredients in a food processor and whip until smooth. If it seems a bit thick, slowly add in olive oil until your desired consistency is reached.